So, my plan of posting regularly isn't really working out yet but hopefully I'll get more into a routine of posting soon.
Sunday was brilliant ... at the last minute (as we were in the car driving to Church) Kevin suggested we went to the Free Church. We've talked about going a few times as my in-laws go there but we've always been hesitant in case the boys play up! This way we didn't have any time to worry and it worked out fine.
After the childrens' talk, all the children go into a room and sing some songs before going off to their Sunday school classes or creche. Sam has a huge fear of guitars so he didn't like that bit at all and sat curled up on my knee. Connor sat really well but studied his shoes when Jim Boyd welcomed the three new children (including Euan!). When they went into their classes, Sam & Connor were together which was good ... it was Connor's first time in Sunday school as he won't start until after Christmas in our Church. I had to stay with Euan in the creche ... if I'd known he'd sleep the whole time I'd have kept him in Church with us!
Sunday evening Kevin was supposed to be going through to Edinburgh to Charlotte Chapel but because I'd had to stay in the creche in the morning, he swapped with me!!!! Result! It was great getting to the Chapel again, first time since Euan was born. Colin Adams was speaking on Acts 21:37-22:21 and I really benefitted from the teaching. Was chatting with Peter Grainger afterwards and he suggested Kevin & I move through to Edinburgh so we could go every week ... I wish we could afford the move!
Yesterday was a busy day ... Connor was at playgroup so it means a lot more running about ... by the time I'd dropped him off, got home, done some housework and fed Euan it was time to go back for him! It was a lovely day and we decided to walk the school run again ... that hill is quite a challenge with the double buggy but it would take far too long if Connor was walking - as it is, Sam gets out of school at 3 and we get home after 4! Mind you, we had good fun running through the piles of leaves and kicking them about! Sam wanted to walk through the "jungle" but I didn't think the double buggy would manage it ... shame!
And now it's Tuesday! We've had a quiet morning although Connor & I have done battle over the teaset! I don't think anyone won the battle ... after asking him calmly for two hours (yes really!) to put it away and then a stint on the naughty step (for Connor!) I eventually told Connor that if it wasn't tidied away by the time I'd counted to 3 I'd put it in the cupboard and he'd not get it back for two days! He wasn't bothered so I did and apart from being a bit miffed he's not really reacted!!! He's so stubborn and determined ... I really need to learn the best way to work with him. The deal this morning was that I wouldn't give him anything or do anything for him until he tidied it away ... he didn't get any snack and didn't get to watch his beloved Sooty & Sweep show, two things he is always bending my ear about - he's worked so hard at being unphased by it but I do know the he's gutted not to get an apple!
Hmm, maybe he's more bothered than I realised ... he's just climbed up to the window and started banging on the window shouting "Help"!!!!
Euan's colickyness has been much better lately ... yesterday afternoon he was crying and screaming in pain but today he's been much better. He even had a wee sleep in his cot at lunchtime which meant that Connor & I had our lunch alone which was lovely (home-made brocolli soup and fresh bread from the breadmaker ... yum!). I've not heard any more about Euan's physiotherapy referral but hopefully we'll get an appointment soon ... I'm getting more concerned again about the shape of his head and we need to start working on getting him to turn his head more. A goi-goi pillow has been recommended to us and I think we really need to get one and see if it makes a difference to Euan's headshape.
Well, time to go ... Euan is due another feed and I'm swithering about walking the school run again ... it's another lovely day. Rain is forecast for Thursday and I'd like to make the most of the nice days before the weather turns again!
Tuesday, 4 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment